We put together a table to get an understanding of folding electric bike options and answer some basic questions.
We haven’t tried out most of these, but do hope to review them eventually. In the meantime, comments from any of you who have experience with these are welcome!
Here’s what we know so far.
What’s the cheapest electric folding bike?
The cheapest folding electric bicycle that we’ve found so far is the Cyclamatic CX2. It sells for $599.99 on Amazon (price updated daily). Given the overall good reviews from real customers and it’s long range, this is a pretty strong deal.
Which folding electric bike weighs the least?
The lightest folding electric bike is the e-Mazing Innovations B.O.B at only 35 lbs (15.9 kg). It’s a cute little thing that folds up very small as well, and does so nearly instantly. The wheels are small but thick enough to provide some extra stability.
Which folding electric bike has the greatest range?
The Addmotor M-140 can go for up to 55 miles on its first level of assistance.
Next up, the Enzo eBikes Electric Folding Bicycle claims to get a range of up to 50 miles (80 kilometers).
Which folding electric bike is the fastest?
The Addmotor M-140 can reach 23 mph on its own power: a 48V 10.4Ah Samsung lithium battery driving a 48V 500W brushless motor. It’s designed for hills and off-road use, with fat tires and a sturdy frame.
Note that most bikes claim a maximum speed of 20 mph. That is the maximum speed allowed for a low-speed electric bicycle by the Consumer Product Safety Act in the USA. In the European Union the maximum speed for electric bicycles is 25 km/hr.
Which folding electric bike has the best battery?
The Addmotor M-140 has a 48V 10.4Ah Samsung lithium battery.
Compare for yourself: The top folding electric bikes side-by-side
The following table is sortable by clicking on the various column headers. Enjoy!
More information on the top folding electric bikes
- Folding Aluminum Frame & Suntour Front Suspension
- Rear Geared 500W Motor & Continental Contact Tires 20x1.75"
- Exclusive Samsung SDI 36v 11.6Ah Rack Battery
- Marine ready lightweight and compact fits easily in the trunk of your car camper boat aircraft home or office
- 36Volt Samsung 10.4 amp lithium-Ion battery and 350 watt motor capable of cruising distances of 30 - 50 miles with speeds up to 20mph
- Shimano 7 speed derailleur, Full electric throttle or variable pedal assist enables you to pedal just like a regular bike ... or not.
- Easy instant pull-up folding design
- Super light weight 35 lbs with battery
- Max speed 20 mph / 32kmh
- 30 Mile range at up to 20 MPH
- Front & Rear Avid DB Hydraulic Disc Brakes
- Rear Direct Drive 36V 500W Motor
- M-140 comes with sturdy metal front and rear fenders and removable rear luggage rack. It suitable for the general public, featuring durable Step-Thru 6061 aluminum alloy frame for easy access. Easily...
- A powerful 500 watt brushless motor delivers best in class acceleration and hill climbing. The sensation of power it gives you is exhilarating. The 48V 10.4Ah lithium battery is lightweight and long...
- Featuring Fully Adjustable well-padded saddle and extended stem of handlebar that will suit any adults male or female for a customized ride. A nice upright riding position thanks to the adjustable...
- High Quality Frame: The frame is made of durable 6061 aluminum with the Aluminium alloy crown oil spring lockout fork, offers smooth cushioning and shock absorption when cycling on rough terrains,...
- Great Speeds: Having a shimano 21 speed system that can help you tackle the different terrains with max speed up to 20 mph, with the full suspension style, gives you the option to cruise smoothly and...
- Removable and Hidden Battery: It is fitted with 250Watts powerful motor which is powered by a hidden battery 36V 10.4AH, you can take the hidden battery out or in the bike frame for charging in...
- Easy Folding - Ideal for travelling holidays and those with minimal storage space
- Incredible performance - Fitted with a 250w motor the foldable bike will easily assist you to travel at the 15mph road speed limit. Safe to ride in the rain
- Choice of operational modes - You have the choice of how much work you want to do. Use the bike as a bike with no electric assist at all, choose a partial electric assist mode to amplify your own...